Director of Sports, Championships and Student Services
Chiquana Dancy began working at the NCHSAA in September 2004 after receiving a BA degree in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She completed her graduate coursework at Northeastern University, receiving a Masters in Sports Leadership. Ms. Dancy is currently pursuing a doctoral degree in Leadership and Change at Antioch University.
As Director of Sports, Championships and Student Services, Chiquana is responsible for overseeing all of the student services department’s offerings, including but not limited to sportsmanship initiatives and leadership programs. Her role with Sports and Championships includes the oversight of Cross Country, Indoor Track, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball and Women's Basketball programs.
Originally from Princeville/Tarboro, NC, Chiquana graduated from Tarboro High School where she participated in Cheerleading, Track, Volleyball, and was a member of the D.R.E.A.M. Team.
Sports and Championships
- Fall Sports - Volleyball, Cross Country
- Winter Sports - Indoor Track, Women's Basketball
- Spring Sports - Track and Field, Softball
- Coaches Clinic
- Coach and Captain Retreat
- D.R.E.A.M (Daring to Role Model Excellence ad Athletic Mentors)
- SASI (Student Athlete Summer Institute)
- PATH (Peer Athlete Team Helpers)
- Project Unify
- SAAC (Student Athlete Advisory Council)
- Coaches Workshop
- Student Leadership Conference